FIELD TRIP PROCEDURESWhen going on a field trip please follow the procedures below:
- 1. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GIVE 10 DAYS FOR FORMS TO BE SENT FOR APPROVAL
- 2. Download and fill out a Classroom Field Trip Request Form (online form). Print it out, sign it, and give the completed form to Jim Koontz for approval.
- 3. Fill out and sign a Professional Leave Application and give the completed form to Jim Koontz for approval.
- 4. Put your absence for the day of the field trip in Frontline.
- 5. Have each student fill out a yellow School Trip Permission Form. All forms are to be handed into the teacher who is chaperoning the field trip. You can get these forms from Jo Capasso or Patty Horn. DO NOT HAVE STUDENTS FILL OUT A PLANNED ABSENCE FORM.
- 6. Send a roster to Patty Horn on Monday the week before the field trip.
- 7. The day of the field trip attendance MUST be taken before you leave and the Attendance Office MUST be notified if there are any changes to the roster.
ABSENCES... Spot Coverage RequestThis is a little different when you are requesting less than a half day... Use these procedures:
• Use the Spot Coverage form if you will be missing less than half of a day as we have to pay substitutes for a whole or half day. This is linked to the Teachers' page.
• You are then required to input your absence into Frontline as “no sub needed” in order to have your absence recorded properly.
• Please see Nancy, Jim or Patty if you have any question